Release 041209

Coordinator
Apr 13, 2009 at 12:13 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2009 at 12:15 AM
This release is mostly focused on end user, improving analysis, fixing workflow hiccups, and fund classification (defining domain for analysis).

Basically i am currently defining Funds as one of the three classifications:

Spending Accounts : This is usually the primary checking account which deposits flow into and bills flow out of.  This fund is not analysed for inclusion into net value or debt calculations, rather they are analysed only for waste.  This concept of waste assumes you do not use your spending account for saving money.  If its not used for saving money, then it should not grow over time but kept within reasonable range for (1) Bills to be paid, and (2) discretionary spending.  This discretionary spending is to be considered waste.  Just set up a single actor to post estimated monthly 'acknowleged' bills, and this will reduce the calculated 'waste'.   The goal is not force you to eliminate the waste, but acknowlege it, (attempt to) present it accurately, and allow you make your own determinations.   Waste calculation is also based on transactions since historical balance 'reconciles' tend to hide the effect of waste.

Savings Account : Currently simple containers for storing wealth.  Eventually i would like to add simple interest calculation.  With that functionality, floating interest could be simulated with updated historical points and manual adjustment of interest rate.

Debt Account : Currently no differentiation is made between a debt fund such as Mortage and a debt fund such as an auto payment... so if you paid down a 20,000 car loan to 10,000 it would consider that 10,000 equitity/value.  I will probably add a bool flag to designate IsEquity.

With those three types of accounts I calculate Value, Debt, and Waste and statistics based around them.
Apr 16, 2009 at 3:36 AM
It's a good project!